Tuesday, February 18, 2014

White Chicken Chili

A Family Favorite

 

This recipe is so simple and easy to make. It is one of my go to favorites when I don't have a lot of time or I want some good comfort food on a cold winter day!!!

Ingredients

4 Chicken breasts cooked and diced (I've also used a whole chicken cooked in a crock pot on high for 4 hours then shredded)
4 Cans of Chicken Broth (More if needed)
4- 15 ounce Cans of White Beans in seasoning (I love the S&W brand)
2 cans green chilies diced
6 Tbsp of Lime Juice
2 tsp Lemon Pepper
2 tsp Cumin
1 Onion diced
2-4 cloves Garlic minced



Toppings

Tortilla chips 
Shredded Cheese 
Sour Cream 
Cilantro

  

Saute Onion and garlic in a little oil until soft and a little brown. Open your cans and dump into large pot. Simmer for 15-30 minutes or until desired temperature.

We like to put some tortilla chips in the bowl then pour chili over top. Add a little shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and top it off with some cilantro! YUM!!! I promise you your family will beg for you to make this for them again!! This will feed approx. 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment