Friday, February 7, 2014

My testimony scrapbook page


I wanted a way for my young women to remember their testimony, the way it is right now. I want them to be able to look at it years from now and see how much it has grown. A testimony is like a seed; if planted, nourished and given the things it needs it will bloom into something wonderful.
Psalms 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."

It starts with a seed and that seed is faith.
Alma 32:21 "Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things, therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."

I started with a 12X12 sheet of cardstock. I found this cute paper pack at JoAnn's and I absolutely love it. We have used it to make many crafts with the young women this last year.

I took two coordinating papers and cut one 7"X6" and the other one 6"X6". I used a punch to round one corner on each. I then cut a white piece of cardstock 5"X6". The photo is a 4X6. I used my Cricut to cut out the year, faith and the frame. I used my computer to type "my testimony", and "I am a daughter of God who loves me." I also used my computer to print out the scripture from Alma 32:21. 


I placed them on the page layering the paper and attaching "my testimony" with a silver brad. 


This will be something the young women will be able to cherish for years to come. They can display them in their rooms and reflect on how their testimony is growing....just like the seed!

I found this idea on Pinterest. Here is the link http://www.pebblesinmypocket.com/2009/09/my-testimony-kit.html . It used to be available in a kit to purchase but is no longer available. 


No comments:

Post a Comment