Saturday, February 8, 2014

Christmas Countdown


I know we are way past Christmas but I just loved making these blocks. These cute blocks were so easy to make and you could make them into so many different projects. I found the 3.5"X3.5" wood blocks at Wood Creations for $2.00 each along with the cute scrapbook paper. 

I just love that store. They have so many cute things to make and you don't have to be crafty at all. They have everything for you right in one location. It's my all time favorite place to go and look at everything they come out with for every occasion/holiday. 

Materials needed

2 - 3.5"X3.5" wood blocks
1 - 6"X8"X2" wood base - this was an extra piece of wood I had laying around.
Scrapbook paper - If you want every side of your block to be different you'll need 6 two-sided print papers.
Craft Paint of choice & Paint brush
Mod Podge & sponge brush
Vinyl numbers and lettering

I lightly sanded each block then started painting the edges of the block the color I wanted to show through. Cut your paper slightly smaller than your block so that the paint color shows on your edges.  I think I cut mine to be 3" squares. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the block.

 After letting it dry for about 10 minutes go over your edges with some sand paper. You could also use a Fluid Chalk inkpad to ink the edges.

I cut out the vinyl on my Cricut but if you don't have that ability, Wood Creations will cut anything you want out in vinyl for you. YAY!! 

I placed the vinyl on the blocks. On the first block put numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. The second block put numbers 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8. If your wondering where the 9 is, you just turn your 6 upside down when you need a 9. 

On one of the 2" sides of the base I adhered a piece of scrapbook paper and then the vinyl "days till Christmas". 


I then put a light coat of Mod Podge over top to seal everything in. This will go on white but I promise it dries clear.

Now you could use these blocks to countdown pretty much any day you are excited about. You could also Mod Podge pictures to all the sides for a cute photo block. There are so many uses for these cute blocks but I loved the Count down to Christmas. The total project cost less than $10 to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment